Storing your electrodes at the right temp and humidity levels is crucial for making quality welds. It also increases the longevity of your equipment. Damp welding rods compromise everything, and unfortunately, a ziplock bag isn’t enough to keep your rods in working order.
Industrial outfits need huge rod ovens to keep their electrodes in working order. Home hobbyists don’t need those thousand dollar rigs. Portable rigs work just fine. Keep them on near an outlet and they will work great!
Here are some tools we recommend.
Best Small Capacity Portable Welding Rod Oven: Keen KT-15
Check out the latest price on the Keen KT-15 on Amazon.
The Keen KT-15 portable welding rod oven is perfect for the hobbyist, beginner artist, or if you are on the move.
Pros of the KT-15
- 1-year parts warranty
- Light and easy to carry
- External on/off indication light makes it easy to know if the unit has power
- The unit operates on 120v or 240v
- Designed to hold 15lbs of welding rods, plenty for the hobby and home welder.
- Durable steel construction is built to last
- Made in the USA
- Keeps rods a consistent 300 degrees Fahrenheit
Cons of the KT-15
- Max welding rod length is 18 inches long
- Lid does not lock like on other models. It does have a latch that you can secure with a small lock, but it is not self-locking.